[?]
Not a member? Sign-up now, it's free!

Login

[?]
These are links to some of the major sections in the mixtape collective.
  • Lists: Browse various lists that are generated by the loads of data we have collected.
  • Contests: Check out the latest contests, see previous winners, and find out how you can be a part
  • Music: Check out our ever-growing database of musical knowledge! Use it to find any artist, album, or track that has been entered since the birth of the site and rate and find detailed usage statistics.

Main

[?]
Tired of looking at the same old pages? Try checking out a random one, you never know what you might find...

Random!

The Forum

The Collective / Here's what I don't get...

The Friday the 13th Badge I badge
The Friday the 13th Badge I
Friday the 13th taught us all the heartwarming lesson that if you are a camp counselor, it's probably not in your best interest to let that (potentially mentally retarded [see wikipedia]) kid swim alone while you are trying to get a piece of ass.
awarded on 2007-07-14

level 23
98 posts
How could Microsoft gank everything from Firefox, and still make IE7 suck balls? Don't get me wrong, there was no doubt in my mind that it wouldn't suck, but c'mon.
[quote] -- 11/14/06 07:12am
The One Year Anniversary Badge badge
The One Year Anniversary Badge
Issued to those who have stuck it out for a year here on MTC. What a long, strange trip, huh?
awarded on 2007-10-11

level 14
261 posts
Hahah.
Microsoft is not at all what it used to be. The new Apple's blow PCs out of the freakin' water.
[quote] -- 11/14/06 08:46pm
The Bronze Badge badge
The Bronze Badge
Wow, one of your mixes is doing swell in the ratings! But remember, Bob Dole did 'swell' in the primaries...
awarded on 2007-02-17

level 18
70 posts
Quoting openmicmike:
Hahah.Microsoft is not at all what it used to be. The new Apple's blow PCs out of the freakin' water.

except its still a mac.....
[quote] -- 11/14/06 08:58pm
The Bronze Badge badge
The Bronze Badge
Wow, one of your mixes is doing swell in the ratings! But remember, Bob Dole did 'swell' in the primaries...
awarded on 2007-02-17

level 18
70 posts
Quoting galenthon:
How could Microsoft gank everything from Firefox, and still make IE7 suck balls? Don't get me wrong, there was no doubt in my mind that it wouldn't suck, but c'mon.

I agree, I have to use ie7 for some things at work, it does have tab; but come one where are the extentions.

Oh and Vista is a piece of shit too
[quote] -- 11/14/06 08:59pm
Team Robot - First Place badge
Team Robot - First Place
A special badge for the first-place winner of the fabled robots vs. monsters mixtape contest. As my boy Johnny 5 would say, "Robot Team kick your ass, Robot Team Kick your face, Robot Team kick your balls into outer space"
awarded on 2006-10-18

level 28
581 posts
Quoting immers:
except its still a mac.....

just forget that they do basically most animation/video editing.. and music production on macs..
[quote] -- 11/15/06 08:17am
The Bronze Badge badge
The Bronze Badge
awarded on 2007-02-17

level 18
70 posts
Quoting cst003:
just forget that they do basically most animation/video editing.. and music production on macs..

True, but macs being good for graphics is a reputation that the won over 20 years ago and its not longer the case.
and until Adobe decided to recode most of the packages to run on Intel based macs, mac users have to run their programs through an emulator which slows them way down. Basically if you have an intel mac the machine runs faster if you boot it into xp
[quote] -- 11/15/06 10:24am
Team Robot Member badge
Team Robot Member
Despite the fact that TEAM ROBOT was crushed like a Pabst can at a frat party by the might claws of TEAM MONSTER, you are still deserving of a badge... Loser.
awarded on 2006-10-18

level 40
254 posts
IE is horrid, but I find Firefox overrated. Opera seems the quickest most efficient browser I have tried, but because it is not recognized by some developers, it has limitations. I usen it a lot though!
[quote] -- 11/15/06 12:53pm
The Bronze Badge badge
The Bronze Badge
awarded on 2007-02-17

level 18
70 posts
Quoting johnny_luddite:
Opera seems the quickest most efficient browser

I have a friend that loves Opera, though I have never tried it. I believe it ships with a build in torrent client
[quote] -- 11/15/06 01:52pm
Team Robot - First Place
A special badge for the first-place winner of the fabled robots vs. monsters mixtape contest. As my boy Johnny 5 would say, "Robot Team kick your ass, Robot Team Kick your face, Robot Team kick your balls into outer space"
awarded on 2006-10-18

level 28
581 posts
Quoting immers:
Quoting johnny_luddite: Opera seems the quickest most efficient browser I have a friend that loves Opera, though I have never tried it. I believe it ships with a build in torrent client

opera's also the browser that'll be in the nintendo wii.
[quote] -- 11/15/06 02:24pm
Issued to those who have stuck it out for a year here on MTC. What a long, strange trip, huh?
awarded on 2007-10-11

level 14
261 posts
Macs are actually really fast now. I don't know if it's been released yet, but there's actually a quad-processor Mac with no RAM. Basically instantaneous reaction times.
[quote] -- 11/15/06 03:47pm
The Bronze Badge badge
The Bronze Badge
awarded on 2007-02-17

level 18
70 posts
Quoting openmicmike:
Macs are actually really fast now. I don't know if it's been released yet, but there's actually a quad-processor Mac with no RAM. Basically instantaneous reaction times.

No RAM?? how does that work?
[quote] -- 11/15/06 04:07pm
The Yay! Badge VIII badge
The Yay! Badge VIII
This confounding badge is bestowed to those who can truly realize the wondrous consternation and inhuman scintillance of the of the elusive 'YAY!'.
awarded on 2008-01-11

level 25
502 posts
Quoting openmicmike:

I don't think you know how computers work...
[quote] -- 11/15/06 04:37pm
The Bronze Badge badge
The Bronze Badge
awarded on 2007-02-17

level 18
70 posts
Quoting eric:
Quoting openmicmike: Macs are actually really fast now. I don't know if it's been released yet, but there's actually a quad-processor Mac with no RAM. Basically instantaneous reaction times.I don't think you know how computers work...

Maybe he is talking about replacing hard drives with flash memory.
[quote] -- 11/15/06 04:50pm
The Yay! Badge VIII badge
The Yay! Badge VIII
This confounding badge is bestowed to those who can truly realize the wondrous consternation and inhuman scintillance of the of the elusive 'YAY!'.
awarded on 2008-01-11

level 25
502 posts
Quoting immers:
Maybe he is talking about replacing hard drives with flash memory.

I imagined he was, but strictly speaking -- no ram != no HDD
[quote] -- 11/15/06 06:08pm
awarded on 2007-10-11

level 14
261 posts
I'm passing along second-hand information. But what you say is true: I have little understanding of how a computer actually works.
[quote] -- 11/15/06 10:28pm
The Feedback Badge badge
The Feedback Badge
This badge is awarded to those who went above and beyond the call of duty and told us how much 'the Collective' really sucks.
awarded on 2006-03-13

level 16
241 posts
Quoting cst003:
opera's also the browser that'll be in the nintendo wii.

And the Nintendo DS whenever they release the effing thing. I want to surf the 'net from a handheld damnit!

Also, screw the PSP. Nintendo, ftw.
[quote] -- 11/16/06 11:59pm
Team Robot - First Place
awarded on 2006-10-18

level 28
581 posts
Quoting jaysix:
Nintendo, ftw.

FOR LIFE DUDE.

honestly, i grew up on these fuckers (getting kirby's dreamland for the nes was the BEST BIRTHDAY EVER).. and i can forsee me always buying the new thing they come out with.
[quote] -- 11/20/06 08:17am
The MLK Badge badge
The MLK Badge
Because Civil Rights rock (and roll).
awarded on 2009-03-07

level 27
174 posts
I'm totally asking for a Wii for Hanukkah this year.
[quote] -- 11/20/06 04:49pm
The Bronze Badge badge
The Bronze Badge
awarded on 2007-02-17

level 18
70 posts
Quoting whackedtollie:
I'm totally asking for a Wii for Hanukkah this year.

I played with one for about 20 minutes in target tonight, I had to fight off kids. its a lot of fun.
[quote] -- 11/20/06 06:54pm
The Feedback Badge badge
The Feedback Badge
This badge is awarded to those who went above and beyond the call of duty and told us how much 'the Collective' really sucks.
awarded on 2006-03-13

level 16
241 posts
Yeah, I definitely want to get one by the end of the year.
[quote] -- 11/20/06 10:50pm