[?]
Not a member? Sign-up now, it's free!

Login

[?]
These are links to some of the major sections in the mixtape collective.
  • Lists: Browse various lists that are generated by the loads of data we have collected.
  • Contests: Check out the latest contests, see previous winners, and find out how you can be a part
  • Music: Check out our ever-growing database of musical knowledge! Use it to find any artist, album, or track that has been entered since the birth of the site and rate and find detailed usage statistics.

Main

[?]
Tired of looking at the same old pages? Try checking out a random one, you never know what you might find...

Random!

The Forum

The Audiobiography II Badge badge
The Audiobiography II Badge
Awarded to those who chose to share another scene from their own lifes. Consider this a 'thank you' from the Collective.
awarded on 2007-01-15

level 13
9 posts
Alright, that's a lie. I am a woman, I do not hate women, sometimes i even hang out with them. I just don't seem to like women artists. I listen to Dresden Dolls, Regina Spektor, Aimee Mann and such sometimes but they'd never make it to my top five.

And if it's not mellow piano, I'm lost. I can't name one current female rock artist off the top of my head. It's like some subconscious backlash to my Lilith Fair loving, woman's studies major mother that I only listen to gravelly voiced men.

Could some of you brilliant mixers help me out and send me in a direction before Janis Joplin comes back from the dead and takes away my right to vote?
[quote] -- 1/11/07 11:42am
The Yay! Badge VII badge
The Yay! Badge VII
This baffling badge is bestowed to those who can truly grasp the striking permanence and ungodly continuance of the of the elusive 'YAY!'.
awarded on 2007-08-27

level 27
151 posts
I could make you a mix.

I'd include Siouxsie and the Banshees, Lisa Germano, April March, Asobi Seksu, Heather Duby, Annie Lennox, Hem, Suzanne Vega, Holly Golightly, PJ Harvey, Kristin Hersh, Françoise Hardy, Kim Deal, Kim Gordon, Marianne Faithful, Gal Costa, Imogen Heap, more Siouxsie...
[quote] -- 1/11/07 01:17pm
The Audiobiography II Badge badge
The Audiobiography II Badge
Awarded to those who chose to share another scene from their own lifes. Consider this a 'thank you' from the Collective.
awarded on 2007-01-15

level 13
9 posts
Oh, that would be wonderful! I recognize some of those artists names, likely stuff thrown around by my friends on campus but really have yet to listen to them.
[quote] -- 1/11/07 03:53pm
Team Robot - First Place badge
Team Robot - First Place
A special badge for the first-place winner of the fabled robots vs. monsters mixtape contest. As my boy Johnny 5 would say, "Robot Team kick your ass, Robot Team Kick your face, Robot Team kick your balls into outer space"
awarded on 2006-10-18

level 28
581 posts
tried ani difranco or tori amos yet?
theyre worth a listen to; especially ani, she sometimes sings like she has a penis.
[quote] -- 1/12/07 02:09pm
Team Robot Member badge
Team Robot Member
Despite the fact that TEAM ROBOT was crushed like a Pabst can at a frat party by the might claws of TEAM MONSTER, you are still deserving of a badge... Loser.
awarded on 2006-10-18

level 40
254 posts
Quoting derhay:
I could make you a mix.I'd include Siouxsie and the Banshees, Lisa Germano, April March, Asobi Seksu, Heather Duby, Annie Lennox, Hem, Suzanne Vega, Holly Golightly, PJ Harvey, Kristin Hersh, Françoise Hardy, Kim Deal, Kim Gordon, Marianne Faithful, Gal Costa, Imogen Heap, more Siouxsie...

Wow, I would like to hear that mix. A mix of my own might also include blues women like Rory Block, Susan Tedeschi, Bonnie Raitt, Ruth Brown, Etta James, Koko Taylor, The Uppity Blues Women plus old folkies like Linda Thompson, Sandy Denny, Joni Mitchell from any period, and would have to feature Bjork pretty heavily. Far too many artists to mention here I suppose. Actually, I may do a blues women mixtape soon.
[quote] -- 1/20/07 01:18am
The Valentine's Day 2007 Badge badge
The Valentine's Day 2007 Badge
Happy Valentine's day from the MTC staff. We really love you guys. That said, put your pants on and get out before we call the cops.
awarded on 2007-02-14

level 18
55 posts
SOLEX! 1st 3 albums.
[quote] -- 2/10/07 12:31pm
The Yay! Badge IX badge
The Yay! Badge IX
This astonishing badge is bestowed to the MTC brethren who can truly conceptualize the wondrous spectacle and mind-altering ramifications of the of the elusive 'YAY!'.
awarded on 2008-08-17

level 36
496 posts
Id make you a mix of My Chemical Romance and Fall Out Girl. THOSE CHIX CAN RAWK!
[quote] -- 2/10/07 08:17pm
The Family Badge badge
The Family Badge
What always comes first? That's right, breakfast. What comes second? Yep, mixtapecollective. Third? You got it, family. A special honor for the especially special mixtaping family.
awarded on 2006-09-26

level 14
131 posts
Rosie Thomas is my favorite female artist she does a lot of mellow piano and guitar stuff, but we play her at my coffee shop all the time. She's worth a try.
[quote] -- 2/11/07 12:51pm
The Yay! Badge VII badge
The Yay! Badge VII
This baffling badge is bestowed to those who can truly grasp the striking permanence and ungodly continuance of the of the elusive 'YAY!'.
awarded on 2007-08-27

level 27
151 posts
I posted the mix I promised above and it is in the running with Contest 9. I hope you enjoy it Vicious. Let me know if you want me to YSI.
[quote] -- 2/16/07 03:02pm
The Newbie Badge badge
The Newbie Badge
The true sign of a fresh mixtaper. This badge is awarded to everyone. Don't feel special.
awarded on 2007-02-18

level 8
4 posts
Hello Saferide, Cat Power, Camera Obscura, Emilie Simon, Jenny Lewis, Julie Doiron, Neko Case, The Pipettes (they make me giddy), The Postmarks, Sarah Blasko.

And maybe...Joanna Newsom...
But I'm not too fond of her music.
You might though :)
[quote] -- 2/18/07 08:25am