[?]
Not a member? Sign-up now, it's free!

Login

[?]
These are links to some of the major sections in the mixtape collective.
  • Lists: Browse various lists that are generated by the loads of data we have collected.
  • Contests: Check out the latest contests, see previous winners, and find out how you can be a part
  • Music: Check out our ever-growing database of musical knowledge! Use it to find any artist, album, or track that has been entered since the birth of the site and rate and find detailed usage statistics.

Main

[?]
Tired of looking at the same old pages? Try checking out a random one, you never know what you might find...

Random!

The Forum

The Yay! Badge VIII badge
The Yay! Badge VIII
This confounding badge is bestowed to those who can truly realize the wondrous consternation and inhuman scintillance of the of the elusive 'YAY!'.
awarded on 2008-01-11

level 25
502 posts
Anyone else ever listen to Patrick? I found out about him years ago and even had a chance to do a writeup / interview him (which won me third place for best music review!).

Anyway, he's got a new album out, The Magic Position, which is pretty good. It's a bit poppy and melodramatic, but really enjoyable.

The worst part? He's 23, just like me and he already has three solid albums under his belt.

DAMN.
[quote] -- 3/14/07 12:41pm
The Patton Badge badge
The Patton Badge
Driving Lamborghini's and sipping on martinis. This badge is for those who express their love of Mike Patton through mixtape.
awarded on 2008-08-07

level 27
55 posts
you're lucky. i was wondering whether the magic position was any good... i heard that it was getting some mtv attention or something. i'll check it out now that i've heard some positive things, though. i loved wind in the wires. always a sucker for violins when properly used.
[quote] -- 3/14/07 05:14pm
The Yay! Badge VIII
This confounding badge is bestowed to those who can truly realize the wondrous consternation and inhuman scintillance of the of the elusive 'YAY!'.
awarded on 2008-01-11

level 25
502 posts
Quoting youandme:
you're lucky. i was wondering whether the magic position was any good... i heard that it was getting some mtv attention or something. i'll check it out now that i've heard some positive things, though. i loved wind in the wires. always a sucker for violins when properly used.

I was just amazed that he did all the instrumentation for Wind in the Wires -- at age 21! He's got an amazing backstory, search around if you don't know about it.

rock out.
[quote] -- 3/14/07 08:44pm
The Patton Badge badge
The Patton Badge
Driving Lamborghini's and sipping on martinis. This badge is for those who express their love of Mike Patton through mixtape.
awarded on 2008-08-07

level 27
55 posts
the backstory is where it's at. i always try to research whatever i'm listening to. leaving home at 16 would most certainly contribute to being ingenious. another great artist who does all the instrumentation and whatnot is jason falkner. also underrated, and a little too poppy. but still, nonetheless, good. i just wrote a bunch of disgusting sentences, grammatically speaking. please, forgive.
[quote] -- 3/14/07 10:34pm
The Corey Appreciation Week 2007 Badge badge
The Corey Appreciation Week 2007 Badge
Welcome to the kickoff of the Corey Appreciation Week 2007. Drinks are out back, we've got a clown magician in the living room and a trampoline in the basement. Have a good time now. Welcome to Paradise.

ALL PRAISE BE TO COREY.
awarded on 2007-07-17

level 7
30 posts
I've only recently heard of Pat; there was a short dribble about him in Entertainment Magazine. I really dig his overall style, I'm excited to find some more of his stuff, any recommendations?
[quote] -- 3/18/07 01:53pm
The Yay! Badge VIII
awarded on 2008-01-11

level 25
502 posts
Quoting mixxtapelove:
I've only recently heard of Pat; there was a short dribble about him in Entertainment Magazine. I really dig his overall style, I'm excited to find some more of his stuff, any recommendations?

Wind in the Wires is pretty radical. That's my album of choice.
[quote] -- 3/19/07 07:46pm