[?]
Not a member? Sign-up now, it's free!

Login

[?]
These are links to some of the major sections in the mixtape collective.
  • Lists: Browse various lists that are generated by the loads of data we have collected.
  • Contests: Check out the latest contests, see previous winners, and find out how you can be a part
  • Music: Check out our ever-growing database of musical knowledge! Use it to find any artist, album, or track that has been entered since the birth of the site and rate and find detailed usage statistics.

Main

[?]
Tired of looking at the same old pages? Try checking out a random one, you never know what you might find...

Random!

The Forum

The Yay! Badge VI badge
The Yay! Badge VI
This elusive badge is bestowed to those who can truly comprehend the colossal sophistication and the unfathomable, enigmatical origins of the elusive 'YAY!'.

Plus, 500 users. Hell yay!
awarded on 2007-05-16

level 19
142 posts
just curious how many of the collective are musicians...

list what instruments ya play (voice included) and genre if ya feel necessary. if you dont play anything, feel free to list any "air" instruments you rock out with.

As for myself:
Currently, I just play guitar. I've been proficient with Trombone, Euphonium, and Piano (which as soon as I get a big enough place I will start playing again) and aslo took violin for a year when I was younger.

I would like to learn how to sing well, play cello, and drums. Actually, I think its a never-ending list of instruments.

Your turn...
[quote] -- 10/06/06 01:45pm
The Level 21 Badge badge
The Level 21 Badge
You're finally legal! Huzzah! We all know you've been boozing since you were 13, but don't worry, we'll keep quiet.

Now, get off the damn computer and go hit up the bars.
awarded on 2007-06-23

level 28
176 posts
i played saxophone for 4 years.. im not sure i still remember how. i played cornet for 2 years.. im not sure i still remember how. i played piano for a year or 2.. and definitely suck more now than i did then. i've played guitar for about 4 years by now, but havent picked it up in quite awhile as ive been way too busy for anything lately. my guitar skills fluctuate, usually somewhere in the range of general suckiness to meh decent. right now they're probably below general suckiness.

oh yeah, and i owned a banjo for like a year, but rarely played it and sucked pretty bad. it was fun to fuck around with though.

i also try to play harmonica when nobody can hear me. it sounds pretty bad.
[quote] -- 10/06/06 06:27pm
The Yay! Badge IV badge
The Yay! Badge IV
A slightly exclusive (5 total) special badge bestowed to those who can truly understand the complicated, multifaceted intricacies and religion/cult-like implications of the phrase 'yay!'
awarded on 2006-10-10

level 14
133 posts
digeridoo.
harmonica.
theremin.
trombone.
[quote] -- 10/06/06 07:30pm
The Valentine's Day 2008 Badge badge
The Valentine's Day 2008 Badge
Happy Valentine's day from the MTC staff. We really do love you all. So much so, in fact, that you should probably investigate a temporary restraining order -- we're crazy like that.
awarded on 2008-02-15

level 19
28 posts
I play guitar, used to play a bit of classical but not any more. I should really take up lessons again. I also attempt to 'wail out of tune like' in a band, we've only had one gig so far though. I can play simple bass guitar too.
[quote] -- 10/07/06 05:44am
no badge
level 6
13 posts
i play the Lido Organ and it is awesome.
[quote] -- 10/07/06 10:42am
The Friday the 13th Badge I badge
The Friday the 13th Badge I
Friday the 13th taught us all the heartwarming lesson that if you are a camp counselor, it's probably not in your best interest to let that (potentially mentally retarded [see wikipedia]) kid swim alone while you are trying to get a piece of ass.
awarded on 2007-07-14

level 23
98 posts
bass, guitar, trumpet, vocals - and i suck at all of them
[quote] -- 10/07/06 02:59pm
The Family Badge badge
The Family Badge
What always comes first? That's right, breakfast. What comes second? Yep, mixtapecollective. Third? You got it, family. A special honor for the especially special mixtaping family.
awarded on 2006-09-26

level 14
131 posts
i play guitar, sing, and used to play the bass a little.
I've been playing guitar since I was a wee one. I play typical singer/somgwriter acoustic. I'll write a lot all at once and then nothing for awhile. When I lived in CA I used to play about 2x a week around. Now I rarely play at my coffee shop.

I also play a mean set of air drums
[quote] -- 10/07/06 04:20pm
The Feedback Badge badge
The Feedback Badge
This badge is awarded to those who went above and beyond the call of duty and told us how much 'the Collective' really sucks.
awarded on 2006-03-13

level 16
241 posts
I play guitar now, and dabble in drums. I used to play violin in elementary school and clarinet in middle school.
[quote] -- 10/08/06 11:40am
The Badge of Mystery badge
The Badge of Mystery
Huh?!? Where did this come from?
awarded on 2008-08-14

level 26
554 posts
I played jazz trombone for 7 years, but haven't touched the thing in 6. Played piano for 2. Have/had a guitar, but never learned how to play it, although I can tune it by ear and pluck along with a song in the right key about 65% of the time.

Oh, and I taught myself the theme to 'Wheel of Fortune' on the recorder when I was 11.
[quote] -- 10/08/06 01:38pm
The Valentine's Day 2007 Badge badge
The Valentine's Day 2007 Badge
Happy Valentine's day from the MTC staff. We really love you guys. That said, put your pants on and get out before we call the cops.
awarded on 2007-02-14

level 18
55 posts
guitar and bass, and i mess around with the piano.
i make beats using fruityloops
used to scratch on an old turntable over tapes of recorded radio songs and fruityloops beats
used to play alto sax
but mostly i beatbox and sing while riding my scooter b/c the helmet has great acoustics.
[quote] -- 10/08/06 07:50pm
TEAM 97 -- Team Badge badge
TEAM 97 -- Team Badge
BREAKING NEWS: Team 97 slays Team 07 in fatal mixtaping battle. More news at 11.
awarded on 2007-06-17

level 23
207 posts
piano/keys. i had lessons when i was young. mainly by ear/feel. treat my sampler like an instrument. the ensoniq eps 16+.

www.curiouschords.com (will come one day with audio samples) for now, if you go to www.lattemix.com and make sure you turn have the music on, you can get a feel for my stuff.
[quote] -- 10/08/06 11:41pm
The Yay! Badge IV badge
The Yay! Badge IV
A slightly exclusive (5 total) special badge bestowed to those who can truly understand the complicated, multifaceted intricacies and religion/cult-like implications of the phrase 'yay!'
awarded on 2006-10-10

level 14
25 posts
I played the voice for a while. I did the ol' scream/rap act, sorta like Candira. I'd like to get back into it, but I'm too lazy to pick up a phone and get some people together. So now I'm interested in getting my hands on some beats and just laying down some vocals on them.
[quote] -- 10/09/06 04:29am
The Yay! Badge VI badge
The Yay! Badge VI
This elusive badge is bestowed to those who can truly comprehend the colossal sophistication and the unfathomable, enigmatical origins of the elusive 'YAY!'.

Plus, 500 users. Hell yay!
awarded on 2007-05-16

level 18
83 posts
Guitar, Bass and Drums, I can also program various eletronic things to some extent.
[quote] -- 10/10/06 10:27am
Team Monster Member badge
Team Monster Member
TEAM MONSTER crept like a beast in the night, waiting to pounce on the unsuspecting TEAM ROBOT and rob it of it's life, mixtaping pride and sweet Casio calculator watch. Congrats!
awarded on 2006-10-18

level 10
15 posts
Bass, mostly in hardcore and metal bands, but lately Ive been really wanting to start a band like appleseed cast.
[quote] -- 10/10/06 10:56am
The 6/6/6 Badge badge
The 6/6/6 Badge
Special thanks to those that embraced the Collective on this most sacrilegious of holidays. Mix on, you vile tormentor of souls!
awarded on 2006-06-06

level 20
152 posts
guitar for 10ish or so years now I guess...

used to play 2-3 hours a day... but that's been on a downslide for the past 5 years or so...

I play a lot of stuff... in my free time I play a lot of metal... there isn't anything more fun than learning/playing badass guitar riffs and cheesy solos.

I occasionally write/record stuff... mostly instrumental.

eric, shortbus and I were in a band and did some pretty cool indie instrumental stuff but that ended with college.
[quote] -- 10/11/06 05:53pm
Team Robot Member badge
Team Robot Member
Despite the fact that TEAM ROBOT was crushed like a Pabst can at a frat party by the might claws of TEAM MONSTER, you are still deserving of a badge... Loser.
awarded on 2006-10-18

level 40
254 posts
I was a pro guitarist from 1978. For much of my career I wrote music for Theater and toured as a theater musician though I gigged most of the time as well in blues, punk and rock bands. I also did quite a few sessions. My main instrument is guitar, and my love is for electric blues. I spent most of the 1990s being ill, and effectively my career ground to a halt ten years ago. Since that time, I had some time in music managment, started writing about music when I wasn't able to play it, and had a brief return to performing in the late 90s, where I worked as part of a duo that had some potential, but fell apart before we could get a deal. I am getting back to gigging now though, and am in the process of putting a blues band together, as well as standing in for people in club gigs. I still want to play live for a few years yet.
[quote] -- 10/12/06 01:47pm