[?]
Not a member? Sign-up now, it's free!

Login

[?]
These are links to some of the major sections in the mixtape collective.
  • Lists: Browse various lists that are generated by the loads of data we have collected.
  • Contests: Check out the latest contests, see previous winners, and find out how you can be a part
  • Music: Check out our ever-growing database of musical knowledge! Use it to find any artist, album, or track that has been entered since the birth of the site and rate and find detailed usage statistics.

Main

[?]
Tired of looking at the same old pages? Try checking out a random one, you never know what you might find...

Random!

The Forum

The Collective / Will there be more contests?

no badge
level 7
1 posts
I am curious.
[quote] -- 10/24/06 04:51pm
The Family Badge badge
The Family Badge
What always comes first? That's right, breakfast. What comes second? Yep, mixtapecollective. Third? You got it, family. A special honor for the especially special mixtaping family.
awarded on 2006-09-26

level 14
131 posts
there is always more
[quote] -- 10/24/06 05:10pm
Team Robot - First Place badge
Team Robot - First Place
A special badge for the first-place winner of the fabled robots vs. monsters mixtape contest. As my boy Johnny 5 would say, "Robot Team kick your ass, Robot Team Kick your face, Robot Team kick your balls into outer space"
awarded on 2006-10-18

level 28
581 posts
YEAH THE NEXT ONE IS ICE VS FIRE!
[quote] -- 10/24/06 07:01pm
The Yay! Badge VIII badge
The Yay! Badge VIII
This confounding badge is bestowed to those who can truly realize the wondrous consternation and inhuman scintillance of the of the elusive 'YAY!'.
awarded on 2008-01-11

level 25
502 posts
The next contest will start sometime this week. Keep your ears peeled.
[quote] -- 10/24/06 08:34pm
TEAM 97 -- Team Badge badge
TEAM 97 -- Team Badge
BREAKING NEWS: Team 97 slays Team 07 in fatal mixtaping battle. More news at 11.
awarded on 2007-06-17

level 23
207 posts
sweet
[quote] -- 10/24/06 10:55pm
The Friday the 13th Badge I badge
The Friday the 13th Badge I
Friday the 13th taught us all the heartwarming lesson that if you are a camp counselor, it's probably not in your best interest to let that (potentially mentally retarded [see wikipedia]) kid swim alone while you are trying to get a piece of ass.
awarded on 2007-07-14

level 23
98 posts
the next contest is to make the absolute worse mixtape you can think of
[quote] -- 10/25/06 11:07am
The Family Badge badge
The Family Badge
What always comes first? That's right, breakfast. What comes second? Yep, mixtapecollective. Third? You got it, family. A special honor for the especially special mixtaping family.
awarded on 2006-09-26

level 14
131 posts
Quoting galenthon:
the next contest is to make the absolute worse mixtape you can think of

that's all relative
[quote] -- 10/25/06 11:28am
Team Robot - First Place
A special badge for the first-place winner of the fabled robots vs. monsters mixtape contest. As my boy Johnny 5 would say, "Robot Team kick your ass, Robot Team Kick your face, Robot Team kick your balls into outer space"
awarded on 2006-10-18

level 28
581 posts
Quoting eric:
The next contest will start sometime this week. Keep your ears peeled.

dear eric. this is a website, based off of text and tables. there are no sounds.

please give me the hallucinagens you're taking.
[quote] -- 10/25/06 12:29pm
The Yay! Badge VIII badge
The Yay! Badge VIII
This confounding badge is bestowed to those who can truly realize the wondrous consternation and inhuman scintillance of the of the elusive 'YAY!'.
awarded on 2008-01-11

level 25
502 posts
DAVE THERE ARE NO TABLES YOU SHOULD KNOW THIS ITS ALL CSS, FOO.
[quote] -- 10/25/06 01:25pm
Team Robot Member badge
Team Robot Member
Despite the fact that TEAM ROBOT was crushed like a Pabst can at a frat party by the might claws of TEAM MONSTER, you are still deserving of a badge... Loser.
awarded on 2006-10-18

level 40
254 posts
Quoting bootsie:
Quoting galenthon: the next contest is to make the absolute worse mixtape you can think ofthat's all relative

Perhaps I could do a mixtape featuring my relatives. That would be pretty awful!
[quote] -- 10/25/06 04:05pm
The Yay! Badge IV badge
The Yay! Badge IV
A slightly exclusive (5 total) special badge bestowed to those who can truly understand the complicated, multifaceted intricacies and religion/cult-like implications of the phrase 'yay!'
awarded on 2006-10-10

level 14
133 posts
Quoting bootsie:
Quoting galenthon: the next contest is to make the absolute worse mixtape you can think ofthat's all relative

good point.

I am sure that everyone on this site believes that they have the best music taste...

once the hipsters get ahold of this, im getting out my guns.
for serious.

fucking lawrence hipsters with their haircuts and their girlpants...........

argh.....
[quote] -- 10/25/06 08:50pm
Team Robot - First Place
awarded on 2006-10-18

level 28
581 posts
Quoting eric:
DAVE THERE ARE NO TABLES YOU SHOULD KNOW THIS ITS ALL CSS, FOO.

what the fuck ever. youre still making it compatible with html 1.0 right? my old opera browser is all ive got...
[quote] -- 10/25/06 09:21pm
Team Robot - First Place
awarded on 2006-10-18

level 28
581 posts
and you didnt deny the drugs. FUCKING HAND THEM OVER ERIC!
[quote] -- 10/25/06 09:21pm
Team Robot Member badge
Team Robot Member
Despite the fact that TEAM ROBOT was crushed like a Pabst can at a frat party by the might claws of TEAM MONSTER, you are still deserving of a badge... Loser.
awarded on 2006-10-18

level 40
254 posts
Quoting cozpud:
Quoting bootsie: Quoting galenthon: the next contest is to make the absolute worse mixtape you can think ofthat's all relativegood point.I am sure that everyone on this site believes that they have the best music taste

I hope that is not true. I like what I like but I have always been open to new stuff and hopefully respect other peoples opinions. Having said that, there is stuff that is universally 'bad', so such a mix is possible.
[quote] -- 10/25/06 10:11pm
The Friday the 13th Badge I badge
The Friday the 13th Badge I
Friday the 13th taught us all the heartwarming lesson that if you are a camp counselor, it's probably not in your best interest to let that (potentially mentally retarded [see wikipedia]) kid swim alone while you are trying to get a piece of ass.
awarded on 2007-07-14

level 23
98 posts
I was going to use the original version of paris hilton's "stars are blind" and then put every remix of it I could find... that would be pretty damn bad.
[quote] -- 10/26/06 08:09am
The Family Badge badge
The Family Badge
awarded on 2006-09-26

level 14
131 posts
Quoting galenthon:
I was going to use the original version of paris hilton's "stars are blind" and then put every remix of it I could find... that would be pretty damn bad.

you've got a point, but some people hopefully none on this site actually like that song therefore it's still relative. Even if we would all laugh are bootys off about it.
[quote] -- 10/26/06 11:12am
Team Robot - First Place
awarded on 2006-10-18

level 28
581 posts
there are laughable tracks, so a "bad mix" would be good.. id prolly go the late-80's hair metal ballad route.... soooo many diamonds.
[quote] -- 10/26/06 12:03pm
The Family Badge badge
The Family Badge
awarded on 2006-09-26

level 14
131 posts
so true you can't help but apreciate a good ballad wearing spandex right?
[quote] -- 10/26/06 04:36pm
Team Robot - First Place
awarded on 2006-10-18

level 28
581 posts
Quoting bootsie:
so true you can't help but apreciate a good ballad wearing spandex right?

especially if theyre wailing on a guitar when doing so.
[quote] -- 10/26/06 05:37pm
The Family Badge badge
The Family Badge
awarded on 2006-09-26

level 14
131 posts
Quoting cst003:
especially if theyre wailing on a guitar when doing so.

insert metal fingers here
[quote] -- 10/27/06 12:06pm