[?]
Not a member? Sign-up now, it's free!

Login

[?]
These are links to some of the major sections in the mixtape collective.
  • Lists: Browse various lists that are generated by the loads of data we have collected.
  • Contests: Check out the latest contests, see previous winners, and find out how you can be a part
  • Music: Check out our ever-growing database of musical knowledge! Use it to find any artist, album, or track that has been entered since the birth of the site and rate and find detailed usage statistics.

Main

[?]
Tired of looking at the same old pages? Try checking out a random one, you never know what you might find...

Random!

The Forum

The Collective / Self-inflicted "Maybe that'd be a cool mix" bruises

The Yay! Badge VII badge
The Yay! Badge VII
This baffling badge is bestowed to those who can truly grasp the striking permanence and ungodly continuance of the of the elusive 'YAY!'.
awarded on 2007-08-27

level 27
151 posts
Here is a mix idea that was three tracks short of being put into the MTC archives. I wanted to do an A to Z mix, but have the tracks run Z to A respectively. This is what it might have looked like (80 minutes be damned).

Aphex Twin "Z Twig"
Beulah "Your Mother Loves You Son"
* I'd have to use iTunes
Del the Funkee Homosapien "Wack M.C.'s"
Elastica "Vaseline"
Fleming & John "Ugly Girl" classic
General Public "Tenderness"
Helium "Speedball"
I Am Spoonbender "Remover-Installer"
* I found Jesse Malin "Queen of the Underground" in my collection, but it is a stretch.
Kon Kan "Puss N'Boots/These Boots (Are Made for Walking)"
Led Zeppelin "Out on the Tiles" bliss
Mos Def "Next Universe"
Nitzer Ebb "One Man's Burden"
Orange Juice "Lovesick"
Pitt, Brad "Kausehfgaiurgh" (from Snatch) 00:00:04
and/or Pretenders "Kid"
Queensryche "Jet City Woman"
Red Hot Chili Peppers "I Like Dirt"
Sigmatropic (ft. Cat Power) "Haiku Ten" LOVE!
Throwing Muses "Green" rock
Unida "Flower Girl"
Violent Femmes "Eep Opp Ork Ah-Ah (Means 'I Love You')"
Weezer "Don't Let Go"
Yaz "Bad Connection"
Yeah Yeah Yeahs "Black Tongue"
* again, I'd need something like ZZ Tops "Arrested for Driving While Blind" or something

Schitzo, at best, but this is what I have.
Any other failed mixes? Anyone?
[quote] -- 10/25/06 01:00pm
Team Robot - First Place badge
Team Robot - First Place
A special badge for the first-place winner of the fabled robots vs. monsters mixtape contest. As my boy Johnny 5 would say, "Robot Team kick your ass, Robot Team Kick your face, Robot Team kick your balls into outer space"
awarded on 2006-10-18

level 28
581 posts
jesus christ thats AMAZING

why didnt you submit this to the collective so i could + 5 it? even if it was semi-incomplete?
[quote] -- 10/25/06 02:10pm
Team Robot Member badge
Team Robot Member
Despite the fact that TEAM ROBOT was crushed like a Pabst can at a frat party by the might claws of TEAM MONSTER, you are still deserving of a badge... Loser.
awarded on 2006-10-18

level 40
254 posts
I've been trying to do one for a week or two where someone from the last track played on the next one. I thought it would be easy, but I break down after about 7 tracks each time. I am still going to try and get one done. It has become a point of honour with me to get as close to 80 minutes as possible with it, and not have all long tracks either.
[quote] -- 10/25/06 04:03pm
Team Robot Member badge
Team Robot Member
Despite the fact that TEAM ROBOT was crushed like a Pabst can at a frat party by the might claws of TEAM MONSTER, you are still deserving of a badge... Loser.
awarded on 2006-10-18

level 40
254 posts
Derhay, what you did was fantastic and I widh you had submitted it anyway
[quote] -- 10/25/06 04:04pm
The Feedback Badge badge
The Feedback Badge
This badge is awarded to those who went above and beyond the call of duty and told us how much 'the Collective' really sucks.
awarded on 2006-03-13

level 16
241 posts
X & Y by Coldplay for X.

That's a pretty sweet idea. What's the time limit on mixes?
[quote] -- 10/25/06 04:16pm
The Badge of Mystery badge
The Badge of Mystery
Huh?!? Where did this come from?
awarded on 2008-08-14

level 26
554 posts
The only mixes I consider to be "failed" are the ones that didn't make the contest, ie: the song links contest, where I had several dead end branches, and while I submitted a Monster mix, I have a fairly killer robot mix gathering dust.
[quote] -- 10/25/06 07:13pm
Team Robot - First Place
A special badge for the first-place winner of the fabled robots vs. monsters mixtape contest. As my boy Johnny 5 would say, "Robot Team kick your ass, Robot Team Kick your face, Robot Team kick your balls into outer space"
awarded on 2006-10-18

level 28
581 posts
Quoting galaxiepi:
I have a fairly killer robot mix gathering dust.

FUCKING POST IT! WE NEED MORE ROBOTNESS ON THIS SITE! ROBOT KING DEMANDS!
[quote] -- 10/25/06 09:13pm
Team Robot - First Place
awarded on 2006-10-18

level 28
581 posts
Quoting johnny_luddite:
I've been trying to do one for a week or two where someone from the last track played on the next one. I thought it would be easy, but I break down after about 7 tracks each time. I am still going to try and get one done. It has become a point of honour with me to get as close to 80 minutes as possible with it, and not have all long tracks either.

my mixes like this normally require a piece of paper & a giant flow-chart type organization... it's fun & gets pretty convoluted.
[quote] -- 10/25/06 09:14pm
Team Robot Member badge
Team Robot Member
awarded on 2006-10-18

level 40
254 posts
Quoting cst003:
>my mixes like this normally require a piece of paper & a giant flow-chart type organization... it's fun & gets pretty convoluted.

If I could be that organized I probably wouldn't be wasting so much time on this site when I should be working! I am going to have another go at a links mix today though!
[quote] -- 10/26/06 06:50am
The Yay! Badge VII badge
The Yay! Badge VII
This baffling badge is bestowed to those who can truly grasp the striking permanence and ungodly continuance of the of the elusive 'YAY!'.
awarded on 2007-08-27

level 27
151 posts
I have seen ONE successful mix like the one your shooting for, Johnny. It was AMAZING. I saw it at AotM. I'll look for it, because I think I tagged it as a favorite. I haven't been there for ages. You guys spoil my need for a mixtape universe perfectly here.

I still find albums I haven't added to my jukebox at work. I have the Coldplay song, thank you jaysix (karma to you, m8), but I need to add it. I added Massive Attack's Danny the Dog soundtrack yesterday and I need to find the latest U.N.K.L.E. album and add it too.
[quote] -- 10/26/06 10:00am
Team Robot - First Place
awarded on 2006-10-18

level 28
581 posts
Quoting johnny_luddite:
If I could be that organized I probably wouldn't be wasting so much time on this site when I should be working! I am going to have another go at a links mix today though!

haha, i normally just sit down with a piece of paper & my ipod (sometimes a computer + wikipedia) and try and go from there
[quote] -- 10/26/06 12:02pm