[?]
Not a member? Sign-up now, it's free!

Login

[?]
These are links to some of the major sections in the mixtape collective.
  • Lists: Browse various lists that are generated by the loads of data we have collected.
  • Contests: Check out the latest contests, see previous winners, and find out how you can be a part
  • Music: Check out our ever-growing database of musical knowledge! Use it to find any artist, album, or track that has been entered since the birth of the site and rate and find detailed usage statistics.

Main

[?]
Tired of looking at the same old pages? Try checking out a random one, you never know what you might find...

Random!

The Forum

Team Robot Member badge
Team Robot Member
Despite the fact that TEAM ROBOT was crushed like a Pabst can at a frat party by the might claws of TEAM MONSTER, you are still deserving of a badge... Loser.
awarded on 2006-10-18

level 40
254 posts
I saw the remnants of decrepid old rock Gods 'The Who' and I have to say I was deeply moved. Townshend can still play, Daltrey can for the most part really sing, the replacements for dead people were a) great (Zak Starkey on drums) and b) pretty good despite being on a hiding to nothing (Pino Palladino on bass). Stadium rock can sound a little ugly at the best of times, but I really got the feeling the old sods wanted top be there, and not just for the wheelbarrows full of money they were getting. There was joy in Townshend's playing. Old favourites from their first two singles, 'I Can't Explain' and 'Anyhow, Anywhere' to an obscure but wonderful version of 80's track 'Eminence Front.' The CSI tunes were there, 'My Generation' was there, an encore potted version of 'Tommy'. It wasn't just nostalgia though. It seemed real to me. The only downer were the dickheads next to us in our aisle getting up to buy beer every ten seconds, especially during my favorite songs, plus the wankpot in the seat in front of me who seemed to be either on the phone to his office throughout the show or copping a feel of his date. Wasn't about them though, it was about celebrating a music that deserves celebrating. Long live rock.
[quote] -- 2/28/07 02:10am
The Yay! Badge VI badge
The Yay! Badge VI
This elusive badge is bestowed to those who can truly comprehend the colossal sophistication and the unfathomable, enigmatical origins of the elusive 'YAY!'.

Plus, 500 users. Hell yay!
awarded on 2007-05-16

level 19
142 posts
amen.
[quote] -- 2/28/07 12:17pm
The Bronze Badge badge
The Bronze Badge
Wow, one of your mixes is doing swell in the ratings! But remember, Bob Dole did 'swell' in the primaries...
awarded on 2007-06-29

level 24
187 posts
They came to San Francisco, and I missed it. My friend (who listens to industrial and numetal) could make it, and I can't. This makes me incredibly disheartened.
[quote] -- 2/28/07 07:07pm
The 6/6/6 Badge badge
The 6/6/6 Badge
Special thanks to those that embraced the Collective on this most sacrilegious of holidays. Mix on, you vile tormentor of souls!
awarded on 2006-06-06

level 18
54 posts
I missed the show 'cause I'm poor
[quote] -- 3/05/07 12:34am
The Badge of Mystery badge
The Badge of Mystery
Huh?!? Where did this come from?
awarded on 2008-08-14

level 26
554 posts
Agreed. That thing was ridiculously expensive. My old man and I were going to go, but alas, we're poor farmers.
[quote] -- 3/05/07 05:51pm
Team Robot Member badge
Team Robot Member
Despite the fact that TEAM ROBOT was crushed like a Pabst can at a frat party by the might claws of TEAM MONSTER, you are still deserving of a badge... Loser.
awarded on 2006-10-18

level 40
254 posts
It was outlandishly expensive. I only got to go because I was offered a free ticket. I really am poor, actually!
[quote] -- 3/07/07 08:47am
The Bronze Badge badge
The Bronze Badge
Wow, one of your mixes is doing swell in the ratings! But remember, Bob Dole did 'swell' in the primaries...
awarded on 2007-06-29

level 24
187 posts
Wow, you're incredibly lucky.
[quote] -- 3/09/07 03:55pm
Team Robot Member badge
Team Robot Member
awarded on 2006-10-18

level 40
254 posts
A friend of mine got two tickets as a Christmas present from his daughter. His wife does not like loud noise (understandable, he plays bass in my band) so he gave the ticket to me. Just before the show, you could get tickets outside for less than face value, and the venue was not full by any means. I am off to see Charlie and The Nightcats in a blues bar in Fresno in April for a vfm 15 bucks! (Charlie Baty is one of the most idosyncratic and wonderful guitarists I have ever seen!)
[quote] -- 3/10/07 11:23am
The Beta Badge II badge
The Beta Badge II
A slightly-less exclusive reward for special people. Thanks for helping us out with our second stage of beta testing. We love you silly guinea pigs!
awarded on 2006-09-18

level 7
1 posts
I wanted to go so bad, but because I still live with my mother (I'm 19) and she hates The Who, I was not allowed to go. I was incredibly dissapointed as they are one of my ultime favorite bands.
[quote] -- 3/16/07 10:57pm
The Badge of Mystery
awarded on 2008-08-14

level 26
554 posts
Quoting ajenda:
I wanted to go so bad, but because I still live with my mother (I'm 19) and she hates The Who, I was not allowed to go. I was incredibly dissapointed as they are one of my ultime favorite bands.

Waaait... you're 19 and weren't allowed to go? What, were the baby boomers going to offer you bad hashish?
[quote] -- 3/20/07 09:46pm
Team Robot Member badge
Team Robot Member
awarded on 2006-10-18

level 40
254 posts
Quoting galaxiepi:
Waaait... you're 19 and weren't allowed to go? What, were the baby boomers going to offer you bad hashish?

Us Baby Boomers are an exceedingly bad influence.
[quote] -- 3/22/07 08:34am
The Badge of Mystery
awarded on 2008-08-14

level 26
554 posts
Quoting johnny_luddite:
Quoting galaxiepi: Waaait... you're 19 and weren't allowed to go? What, were the baby boomers going to offer you bad hashish?Us Baby Boomers are an exceedingly bad influence.

Hehehehehehe. You hippies. ;)
[quote] -- 3/22/07 01:17pm