[?]
Not a member? Sign-up now, it's free!

Login

[?]
These are links to some of the major sections in the mixtape collective.
  • Lists: Browse various lists that are generated by the loads of data we have collected.
  • Contests: Check out the latest contests, see previous winners, and find out how you can be a part
  • Music: Check out our ever-growing database of musical knowledge! Use it to find any artist, album, or track that has been entered since the birth of the site and rate and find detailed usage statistics.

Main

[?]
Tired of looking at the same old pages? Try checking out a random one, you never know what you might find...

Random!

The Forum

The Level 21 Badge badge
The Level 21 Badge
You're finally legal! Huzzah! We all know you've been boozing since you were 13, but don't worry, we'll keep quiet.

Now, get off the damn computer and go hit up the bars.
awarded on 2007-07-25

level 24
47 posts
I've just seen it. Brill.
[quote] -- 3/11/07 10:39pm
The Yay! Badge VI badge
The Yay! Badge VI
This elusive badge is bestowed to those who can truly comprehend the colossal sophistication and the unfathomable, enigmatical origins of the elusive 'YAY!'.

Plus, 500 users. Hell yay!
awarded on 2007-05-16

level 19
142 posts
yes, it was quite tasty. awesome action movie with great visuals. but thats what it is, an action movie. if cheesy one-liners and freeze-frame action/sex will ruin a movie for you (those of you having not gone yet), then i don't suggest seing it. probably the only movie i've seen years that i would have willingly sat through another hour of.
[quote] -- 3/11/07 11:15pm
The Badge of Mystery badge
The Badge of Mystery
Huh?!? Where did this come from?
awarded on 2008-08-14

level 26
554 posts
Ohhh, I'm dying to see it! I've been salivating over this one since I saw a preview last summer.
[quote] -- 3/12/07 12:39pm
The Yay! Badge VIII badge
The Yay! Badge VIII
This confounding badge is bestowed to those who can truly realize the wondrous consternation and inhuman scintillance of the of the elusive 'YAY!'.
awarded on 2008-01-11

level 25
502 posts
It was damn entertaining and totally gorgeous, but I really felt no emotional connection to any of the characters, which was a let down.

Also, xerces was one sexy bitch.
[quote] -- 3/14/07 05:01pm
The Yay! Badge VI badge
The Yay! Badge VI
This elusive badge is bestowed to those who can truly comprehend the colossal sophistication and the unfathomable, enigmatical origins of the elusive 'YAY!'.

awarded on 2007-05-16

level 19
142 posts
he was a pretty pretty man
[quote] -- 3/14/07 09:43pm
The Patton Badge badge
The Patton Badge
Driving Lamborghini's and sipping on martinis. This badge is for those who express their love of Mike Patton through mixtape.
awarded on 2008-08-07

level 27
55 posts
the only reason i haven't seen it is because of what eric said, no emotional connection to the characters... i'll probably see it before it leaves the big screen, mostly because i think seeing it at home would be totally ridiculous since i have a small television and no surround sound. yes, i'm poor.
[quote] -- 3/14/07 10:36pm
The Level 5 Badge badge
The Level 5 Badge
Welcome to level 5! Keep up the hard work.
awarded on 2007-04-01

level 6
7 posts
Quoting shortbus:
freeze-frame action/sex

I actually timed the fades throughout the sex sequence so I could announce when they were going to occur. Personally, I thought it was one of the dumbest, plotless movies I've ever seen (I cringed anytime a character spoke, because the dialogue was unbearable), but goddamn those Spartans were sweet. I wanted to be one by the end of it. And kill things.
[quote] -- 3/15/07 09:18am
The One Year Anniversary Badge badge
The One Year Anniversary Badge
Issued to those who have stuck it out for a year here on MTC. What a long, strange trip, huh?
awarded on 2007-10-11

level 14
261 posts
I haven't seen it, but I want to. I'm kind of expecting it to be like Troy, though. Let's be honest, that movie was horrible. Good action, hot actors, but not a great plot. I wanna see 300 because it's on a such a grand scale, but I'm not expecting to love it or the characters.
[quote] -- 3/17/07 10:17am
The Yay! Badge VI badge
The Yay! Badge VI

awarded on 2007-05-16

level 19
142 posts
troy was god aweful. almost to the point that the action wasn't entertaining. it did have one of the worst and most awkwardly spoken lines of all time, that i then adopted as my own catch phrase: "immmortality. take it, its yours!"
[quote] -- 3/17/07 12:48pm
The Valentine's Day 2007 Badge badge
The Valentine's Day 2007 Badge
Happy Valentine's day from the MTC staff. We really love you guys. That said, put your pants on and get out before we call the cops.
awarded on 2007-02-14

level 18
55 posts
i'm excited to see it as the book was an epic feast for the eyes. and the movie is supposed to be framed according to the layout of the book. or so i've heard.
but i'm not surprised people were let down by the plot and the emotion, though. it's kind of just a painting of an old war story. and a badass one at that. but i'll come back and put my foot in my mouth of the movie turns out to be awful.
[quote] -- 3/17/07 02:22pm
The Family Badge badge
The Family Badge
What always comes first? That's right, breakfast. What comes second? Yep, mixtapecollective. Third? You got it, family. A special honor for the especially special mixtaping family.
awarded on 2006-09-26

level 14
131 posts
It was not what I expected, but I really liked it.
I understand the no emotional connection, but I'm not going to lie I would see it right now just to look at all the smoking hot spartan men.
[quote] -- 3/18/07 11:28am
The Feedback Badge badge
The Feedback Badge
This badge is awarded to those who went above and beyond the call of duty and told us how much 'the Collective' really sucks.
awarded on 2006-03-13

level 16
241 posts
I loved 300. I think it's easily movie of the year material. I can understand people not really feeling emotional connections or anything, but the action was just so over the top and the movie was so fun to watch that I think it more than made up for that. Granted, I'm usually a pretty easy judge on movies, but I thought that 300 was amazing.
[quote] -- 3/18/07 01:04pm
The One Year Anniversary Badge badge
The One Year Anniversary Badge
Issued to those who have stuck it out for a year here on MTC. What a long, strange trip, huh?
awarded on 2007-10-11

level 14
261 posts
...I've heard it was good, but movie of the year? Let's let some more movies come out and hope 300 isn't Oscar-winning.
[quote] -- 3/18/07 01:18pm
The Feedback Badge badge
The Feedback Badge
This badge is awarded to those who went above and beyond the call of duty and told us how much 'the Collective' really sucks.
awarded on 2006-03-13

level 16
241 posts
Quoting openmicmike:
...I've heard it was good, but movie of the year? Let's let some more movies come out and hope 300 isn't Oscar-winning.

Dude, 300 is totally Oscar-worthy for an action movie.
[quote] -- 3/18/07 01:52pm
The Yay! Badge VI badge
The Yay! Badge VI

awarded on 2007-05-16

level 19
142 posts
Quoting jaysix:
Dude, 300 is totally Oscar-worthy for an action movie.

i agree. if an action movie would win, then the 300 would be it. but really, the academy awards are a joke.
[quote] -- 3/18/07 04:59pm
Mixtape Potpourri II: Third Place badge
Mixtape Potpourri II: Third Place
A random badge for a random mix, Serious Cat is mildly amused by your mix. Congrats on third.

Serious Cat for president. 2008. Seriously.
awarded on 2007-07-14

level 26
107 posts
It's only just come out here in australia.

usually i would shudder at the thought of sitting through a movie like this, but i studied ancient greece (specifically Sparta) for SO long, and did a profile on Xerxes.... should be interesting to see it brought to life.
[quote] -- 3/23/07 01:10am
A random badge for a random mix, Serious Cat is mildly amused by your mix. Congrats on third.

awarded on 2007-07-14

level 26
107 posts
and sorry to break it to you, but i don't think xerxes was a very pretty man in real life. unless you go for the whole beard thing
[quote] -- 3/23/07 01:12am
The Yay! Badge VI badge
The Yay! Badge VI

awarded on 2007-05-16

level 19
142 posts
Quoting Rachael:
and sorry to break it to you, but i don't think xerxes was a very pretty man in real life. unless you go for the whole beard thing

whatever. you're not a pretty man!

yeah, think about that...
[quote] -- 3/23/07 12:08pm

awarded on 2007-07-14

level 26
107 posts
i'm sorry, did i offend you because you have a beard?
[quote] -- 3/24/07 09:53pm
The Yay! Badge VI badge
The Yay! Badge VI

awarded on 2007-05-16

level 19
142 posts
no, was just feeling ornery. carry on...
[quote] -- 3/25/07 12:45am