[?]
Not a member? Sign-up now, it's free!

Login

[?]
These are links to some of the major sections in the mixtape collective.
  • Lists: Browse various lists that are generated by the loads of data we have collected.
  • Contests: Check out the latest contests, see previous winners, and find out how you can be a part
  • Music: Check out our ever-growing database of musical knowledge! Use it to find any artist, album, or track that has been entered since the birth of the site and rate and find detailed usage statistics.

Main

[?]
Tired of looking at the same old pages? Try checking out a random one, you never know what you might find...

Random!

The Forum

The Yay! Badge VIII badge
The Yay! Badge VIII
This confounding badge is bestowed to those who can truly realize the wondrous consternation and inhuman scintillance of the of the elusive 'YAY!'.
awarded on 2008-01-11

level 25
502 posts
Any ideas for a new contest? I was thinking of revisiting our very first contest, 'song links.'

Thoughts?
[quote] -- 3/04/07 12:21pm
The Yay! Badge IX badge
The Yay! Badge IX
This astonishing badge is bestowed to the MTC brethren who can truly conceptualize the wondrous spectacle and mind-altering ramifications of the of the elusive 'YAY!'.
awarded on 2008-08-17

level 36
496 posts
No.

How about a soundtrack for a specific place?

or

Alternate Soundtrack for a Movie you like/hate.

or

A mix made up entirely of bands/people that only have one good song.

or

only songs from soundtracks, or compilations.

or

mix made up only of musicians who have acted

or

a 30 seconds to mars best of mix contest
[quote] -- 3/04/07 10:01pm
Team Robot Member badge
Team Robot Member
Despite the fact that TEAM ROBOT was crushed like a Pabst can at a frat party by the might claws of TEAM MONSTER, you are still deserving of a badge... Loser.
awarded on 2006-10-18

level 40
254 posts
I like all of Mr Sledgbrainerd's ideas, particularly the musicians that have acted one and the soundtrack for a specific place one. Add to that

Songs all about a specific person

or

A rest of the World compilation, where the selections come from from anywhere in the world except the USA or Britain

or

a mixtape with an aquatic theme of some sort

or

A genre mixtape featuring artists not usually associated with that genre. EG, a jazz mixtape featuring acts mostly known for other styles

or

Another team one like the robots versus monsters contest, only this time, Us versus Them. Interpret it as you will

or

A 'You can't get there from here' contest. Start and end with the same track with every track inbetween linked in some way.

or

A WHERE IS QUALCA??? MIXTAPE!
[quote] -- 3/04/07 10:28pm
The Yay! Badge VI badge
The Yay! Badge VI
This elusive badge is bestowed to those who can truly comprehend the colossal sophistication and the unfathomable, enigmatical origins of the elusive 'YAY!'.

Plus, 500 users. Hell yay!
awarded on 2007-05-16

level 19
142 posts
Quoting sledgbrainerd:
or a 30 seconds to mars best of mix contest

bahaha

http://www.dai lymotion.com/visited/search/ja red%2Bleto/video/x14gss_30-sec onds-to-mars-from-yesterday
[quote] -- 3/04/07 11:03pm
The Patton Badge badge
The Patton Badge
Driving Lamborghini's and sipping on martinis. This badge is for those who express their love of Mike Patton through mixtape.
awarded on 2008-08-07

level 27
55 posts
i second the 30 seconds to mars contest. fuckin RAWK!

but seriously, the alternate movie soundtrack is probably the best idea i've heard (read) thus far. very good. too good.

also: life as a house has the worst soundtrack EVER. it is also a really, really bad/contrived/trite movie. i hate not having a DVD player. sorry, i'm tipsy and feeling very chit-chatty.

[quote] -- 3/04/07 11:55pm
The Badge of Mystery badge
The Badge of Mystery
Huh?!? Where did this come from?
awarded on 2008-08-14

level 26
554 posts
Spring Has Sprung mixtape.

A mix about/dedicated to different crazy people of your choice (hobos, vagrants, religious nuts, cat ladies, meth faces, college kids on spring break in Cancun...)

A mix that you would want to properly express who you are when archeologists dig it up 386 years from now.

Foreign language mix.

An Ode to the Internet. And maybe Al Gore, but don't include that Melissa Etheridge An Inconvenient Truth song.
[quote] -- 3/05/07 08:20am
The Level 21 Badge badge
The Level 21 Badge
You're finally legal! Huzzah! We all know you've been boozing since you were 13, but don't worry, we'll keep quiet.

Now, get off the damn computer and go hit up the bars.
awarded on 2007-07-25

level 24
47 posts
Quoting galaxiepi:
Foreign language mix.

All my mixes are foreign language mixes.

And I have been lobbying for the geographic/specific place mix for ages.
[quote] -- 3/05/07 02:01pm
Team Robot Member badge
Team Robot Member
Despite the fact that TEAM ROBOT was crushed like a Pabst can at a frat party by the might claws of TEAM MONSTER, you are still deserving of a badge... Loser.
awarded on 2006-10-18

level 40
254 posts
Quoting galaxiepi:
A mix that you would want to properly express who you are when archeologists dig it up 386 years from now.

Let's do this one now. Great idea.
[quote] -- 3/05/07 02:24pm
The Level 10 Badge badge
The Level 10 Badge
Welcome to level 10! Credibility is just a few levels away.
awarded on 2007-03-07

level 13
7 posts
I like the archeology mix.

I also like Sledge's concept of a geographic mix telling everyone about the place they live.

Covers better than the original

Turn Me on Dead Man - someone in the band is dead, but they would have been young enough to still be living.

Songs that we fracture the lyrics "Big Ole Jed and Eliza" by Steve Miller Band

[quote] -- 3/05/07 07:45pm
The Badge of Mystery
awarded on 2008-08-14

level 26
554 posts
Covers better than the original has been done several times.

I think more of someone's foreign language mixes need to be uploaded more often. Yes, I'm demanding. Hence the avatar. :D
[quote] -- 3/05/07 10:58pm
The MTC Romance Badge badge
The MTC Romance Badge
A gift for the romantics.
awarded on 2007-07-17

level 18
70 posts
weather/climate themed? i think it has a lot of possibility.
i really feel like a spring contest would be great right now though. i might even enter this one :\
[quote] -- 3/06/07 11:55pm
The Yay! Badge VI badge
The Yay! Badge VI
This elusive badge is bestowed to those who can truly comprehend the colossal sophistication and the unfathomable, enigmatical origins of the elusive 'YAY!'.

Plus, 500 users. Hell yay!
awarded on 2007-05-16

level 19
142 posts
some good ideas here. i also think an influences mix would be cool. where every artist in the mix is directly (and openly) influenced by the previous artist
[quote] -- 3/07/07 12:27pm
The Yay! Badge VIII
This confounding badge is bestowed to those who can truly realize the wondrous consternation and inhuman scintillance of the of the elusive 'YAY!'.
awarded on 2008-01-11

level 25
502 posts
Sorry I've been so inactive these past days -- I've been busy with other things.

But yeah, what mike said -- some rad ideas here. I'll try to get one of these started, um, tomorrow.

Rock on. Y'all are tops.
[quote] -- 3/07/07 10:47pm
The Level 21 Badge badge
The Level 21 Badge
You're finally legal! Huzzah! We all know you've been boozing since you were 13, but don't worry, we'll keep quiet.

Now, get off the damn computer and go hit up the bars.
awarded on 2007-07-25

level 24
47 posts
Will it be "Around the World in 80 Minutes"?
[quote] -- 3/08/07 06:29am
no badge
level 6
13 posts
yay! x1
[quote] -- 4/03/07 11:42am
The Turkey Day Badge 2007 badge
The Turkey Day Badge 2007
Things we're thankful for in 2007: Mashed potatoes (as always), tequila, soap, broadband, m80s, loud pipes, cassette tapes and that you have chosen to be a part of this wonderful community.
awarded on 2007-11-24

level 9
2 posts
all great ideas
[quote] -- 4/06/07 10:17am
Team Robot Member badge
Team Robot Member
awarded on 2006-10-18

level 40
254 posts
Hoiw about a mixtape that you personally have not used in mixtapes before, and why!
[quote] -- 4/06/07 05:18pm
The Badge of Mystery
awarded on 2008-08-14

level 26
554 posts
We haven't done a dance party mix yet.

Or, in further support of my proposed MTC party date of May 4th, I suggest the contest be making the best mixtape to play at the MTC party, for your fellow mixtapers.
[quote] -- 4/07/07 01:16pm
The One Year Anniversary Badge badge
The One Year Anniversary Badge
Issued to those who have stuck it out for a year here on MTC. What a long, strange trip, huh?
awarded on 2007-10-11

level 14
261 posts
I like the MTC party mix idea. Then the winner gets bragging rights on the party.
I also support moving the party to JUNE 4, so those of us pursuing an education can attend.
[quote] -- 4/08/07 11:39pm
The Yay! Badge VIII
awarded on 2008-01-11

level 25
502 posts
New contest soon. Perhaps before the end of the week.
[quote] -- 4/09/07 01:36pm